Hi 👋, I am an interdisciplinary researcher at the University of Mannheim (Germany) at the Data and Web Science Group working at the intersection of Natural Language Processing and Computational Political Science. 🎓 I hold a master degree in Computer Science (2018, with a minor in Philosophy) and a master degree in Political Science (2019) from the Technical University Darmstadt (Germany). 🐾 I have previously worked as a researcher in Natural Language Processing at the UKP lab (Technical University Darmstadt, Germany) and I spend a semester abroad 🇨🇭 (2016/2017) at the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich as a special student and research assistant at the Computational Social Science lab (ETH Zurich, Switzerland).
👥 Besides research I am an academic coach. I am currently working as a certified writing coach ✍️ (SchreibCenter, Technical University Darmstadt) at the Computer Science writing lab (FernUni-Hagen, Germany). Since 2020 I am also a qualified stress management trainer 🧠 (DADeSp, Technical University Darmstadt, 2020) with focus on the academic and university context.
- 22.12.2022 Interview on analysing social and political phenomena w/ NLP @ DWS, University Mannheim (Germany)
- 18.11.2022 “Stress Management for Students” giving a workshop @ Writing Night, FernUni-Hagen (Germany)
- 18.11.2022 “Personal Academic Writing Challanges” panel discussion @ Writing Night, FernUni-Hagen (Germany)
- 15.11.2022 “Scientific Writing for PhD students” giving a workshop @ UMannheim (Germany)
- 24.10.2022 “Machine Learning Lifecycle and Standards for Transparency and Accountability” giving a talk @ Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- 07.10.2022 “Towards measuring populism from text” giving a talk @ TADA 🪄, 12th Annual Conference on New Directions in Analyzing Text as Data (Cornell Tech, NY)
- September-December 2022 co-organizing a ☃️ winter speaker series on text-as-data (2022, September-December, Tuesday 5-6pm CET, online) w/ seven amazing speakers from around the world!
- 12.09.2022 co-organizing the second workshop on Computational Linguistics for Political Text Analysis @ KONVENS 2022 (Germany)
- April-July 2022 co-organizing a speaker series on text-as-data (2022, April-July, Tuesday 5-6pm CET, online) w/ eight amazing speakers from EU & US!
- 24.05.2022 “Populism Detection and other ways of working at the intersection of NLP and PolSci” giving a talk @ University of Zurich (Switzerland)
- 03.05.2022 “ML lifecycle and the democratization of ML” giving a talk @ Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- 04.04.2022 “NLP methods and PolSci applications” giving a workshop @ University of Tuebingen (Germany)
- 25.02.2022 “Challenges in Automatic Populism Detection” invited workshop @ Bocconi University (Italy)
Page design by Ankit Sultana